Last week in review

11 December 2017

Last week saw the start of Ryan’s radiation treatment. According to Ryan, treatment itself wasn’t so bad. From my perspective, he’s not back there very long. Other than looking a little sunburned, he didn’t really experience any side effects for the first couple days. By Friday he was starting to feel the dry mouth, a little sore throat, and a major headache that seemed to persist the weekend. I have noticed his decrease in appetite. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still eating. This morning he noted that it was getting a little harder to swallow. I have started a journal in order to keep track of things like his weight, how he feels, and what all he eats. Idealistically, he would take about 3000 calories in. Realistically, the most he’s eaten is about 2300 and that had decreased every day.

This morning after his treatment, we got to talk with the doctor and dietician about any questions we may have and update him on any side effects we have seen. I didn’t know we would be meeting with them or else I would have brought my log book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The big beard reveal!

Episode II - The Carcinoma Strikes Back!

Status!